Software: Microsoft DreamSpark
(formerly Microsoft Developer Network - Academic Alliance)
DreamSpark is a program allowing faculty and students of UBC Engineering to obtain copies of selected Microsoft operating systems, servers and development tools for home use. The purpose of the program is to provide tools for faculty and student to support teaching and learning. It can not be used for any commercially related purpose. To facilitate this program, Microsoft has designated Kivuto Solutions, Inc. to provide the necessary services.
September 3, 2013: Accounts will be ready to be registered next week. Please do not submit any account related requests until September 13, 2013.
Access to software:
The site uses your student ID as the username.
All undergraduate and graduate students within UBC Engineering are eligible for accounts. You must register the first time to enable your account.
- Registering for a DreamSpark account:
- Click on the download site link above, to launch the site in a new window.
- Click Sign In on the top right side of the page.
- Click register on the left side of the page.
- Enter your UBC Student number as your username, click Continue then Follow the prompts to complete the registration process Kivuto will send you an email with your registration information.
- Logging into your DreamSpark account:
- Make sure you use the latest account information from Kivuto to sign in.
Note: Yearly, all accounts are wiped in the first week in September. Once the new student information is available and set up on the server, students will then need to re-register to enable their accounts. (See Status above)
- Information on obtaining software can be found in the Help section (click on Help in the top right corner of the window). Read this carefully as conditions concerning downloading and product keys may have changed.
- Be aware that most of these products are very large in size and will require extended time to download. Please note the download times listed under Product Details, and schedule the download accordingly.
- The home page contains the current list of available Microsoft products (this may change periodically).
Note: Microsoft Office is not offered under the DreamSpark Program.