Developing viable solutions for sustainable energy.
We envision energy systems that simultaneously minimize environmental impact, promote geopolitical stability, and enable economic diversification. Our research spans the relevant value-chain: from energy generation, to transmission and storage, to improved efficiency and demand-side management. Our work includes: bio-energy, low-carbon fuels (LNG, hydrogen, and synthetic fuels), hybrid propulsion (batteries, fuel cells), smart grid technology (redox flow batteries), and renewable energy.
- Master of Engineering Leadership in Clean Energy Engineering
- Clean Energy Research Centre
- Biomass and BioEnergy Research Group
- Bioenergy Research and Demonstration Facility
- Electric Power and Energy Systems Group