You bring the problems. We bring the solutions.
During their final year, most engineering students must complete a major, year-long capstone project. In small teams, they use the knowledge and skills gained during their studies, to solve challenging real-world problems proposed by community partners like you.
At the end of the course, you are presented with design models and potentially a working prototype as a solution to your problem.
How does this benefit you?
- Work with the next generation before you hire
- Fresh new ideas and perspectives
- Enthusiastic team of students working on your project, advised by experienced, UBC-recruited professional mentors, and faculty to help with complex technical issues
- Low-cost exploration of risky business ideas
- Explore products or services that are outside of your organization’s current business plan
- Connect with UBC academic community
- Approximately one thousand person-hours of work dedicated to solving your problem
- Access to world-class research facilities
Have a project?
We'd love you to get in touch. Since each department manages their own capstone projects, please select the appropriate department for your project and contact them directly.