Minors and Dual Degree
Students in the Bachelor of Applied Science at the Vancouver campus may choose to include a minor as part of their degree, which allows for a secondary subject of focus. Available minors include Arts, Entrepreneurship, Commerce, Honours Math and Science.
UBC Engineering students interested in further exploring an area within the Bachelor of Arts may consider the Dual Degree in Arts and Engineering Program where you can work toward both degrees at the same time. You will also benefit by being challenged with a broader set of perspectives in both realms, be able to explore your passions and have a wider set of skills when you graduate.
- Application period for minors and dual degree: March 1 – May 15
- Students typically apply for a minor in their second or third year of study, but can begin taking courses that will apply to their minor earlier.
- Students typically apply for the Dual Degree during their first year.
- For more details about requirements to complete a Minor or Dual Degree please refer to our Engineering Academic Services website.
Pre-Medical Alternative Path
This path allows engineering students organized access to courses required for application to most medical schools while completing their accredited engineering degree.
- Application deadline for Pre-Med Path: May 15 (before you start in September)
Options within Engineering Disciplines
Several UBC Engineering Disciplines may also include options to further specialize within the degree.